Sunday, July 29, 2012

New Mexico WOOFing Trip Pictoral

View from kitchen window in the WOOFers quarters [click to full view all photos]


WOOFers quarters, outside

Weeping willow out front is where the turkeys roost at night.

Biochar stove - just fired up today

Hothouse/greenhouse

Potatoes, squash, melons and raspberries

Solar water pump, pump house and cistern

Second solar water pump, in front of goat house

Yummy asparagus patch behind WOOFers quarters

View from the fire pit

Another fire pit view

The goats, L to R, Bella, Lillian and little Peanut

My host's straw bale house

Two of three turkeys that like to follow you around

Lillian is quite a ham

The solar oven - first try with beans but it was overcast

The outdoor kitchen

Wood oven in outdoor kitchen
It is indeed rare for me to find myself speechless when visiting a place -- but this is something that needs to be absorbed and savored [and I'm also learning and working every day!]  Valuable life skills to take back to Indiana that I hope one day to build upon with a like-minded community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not tolerate bigotry, cruelty or shaming. I moderate posts. No comment with third party ads/spam are accepted. I have nothing against colorful language, expression and dark humor. Manage your mischief -- and I won't have to...