Monday, October 10, 2016

Your Deep Ecology Moment

The way in which the "spiritus absconditus" speaks through the author of the first part of the "Aurora consurgens," reminds one of the spirit of earth in Faust. This spirit speaks to Faust, who writes down what it says. The author of our text continues later:

"Turn to me with your whole heart and do not spurn me 
because I am weak and black, for the sun has changed my colour 
and the depths have hidden my countenance, 
and the earth is corrupted and infected in my operations, 
because darkness had been laid upon it. 
Because I am held fast in the mire of the deep 
and my substance is not revealed, 
therefore I cried out of the depths 
and from the abysses of the earth 
doth my voice speak unto you."

~ Carl Jung, ETH Lecture 16 May 1941, Page 157



No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not tolerate bigotry, cruelty or shaming. I moderate posts. No comment with third party ads/spam are accepted. I have nothing against colorful language, expression and dark humor. Manage your mischief -- and I won't have to...